Aaltoes Build It, a weekend rapid prototyping madness, started on Friday with some 80 hackathon enthusiasts.
After that, Petri Vilen came on stage to set the mood and talked about inspiration and how hackathon-worthy strategies and concepts can be found from anywhere; after all, construction workers are a prime example of time boxers.
Friday evening was then followed by rapid pitching session where idea visionaries tried – in a matter of few minutes – to persuade team members to join in. As a result 14 teams were born;
- Wave Energy
- Startup Sauna e-learning platform
- Festival and outdoors events /AR project
- Find picture
- Pets network
- Taxi optimization service
- Groupwork collaboration platform
- “Skill game”
- Helsinki Public
- Online dating service re-twisted
- Lunch partner likeminded chat
- Conversation tracker to group topics
- Freelance portal to connect the right people
Over the weekend, the teams will develop their initial ideas into working prototypes – some might change tracks completely (in startup parlance, known as pivot) and for all, the pressure is there; how much can a product, and a team, develop in one weekend?
On Sunday evening, we welcome you all to a public final demo session where each team will share the progress. More info here.